Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Score resets in zombie

All reported bugs that's actually by design.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Score resets in zombie

Post by [Failman] » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:47 am

The score always resets when we enter the new zombie mode stage, it's kind of annoying because I can't leave a server open without the score constantly resetting, this makes racking up wins a bit of challenge. I think it's because I usually set map rotation to official maps only and Zombie map is an official map, but like I thought since zombie mode would be classified as special mode instead of VS mode it wouldn't be selected in map rotation, what a surprise I got.
0 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:39 pm

The whole map rotation feature right now only rotates between all installed maps if they are official maps. The survival map is an official map.
Once we start to create more survival maps and campaign maps (and other type of maps) for future updates we need to refine this so you can select a folder to rotate through or something similar instead.
However, nothing prevents an end user from mixing up different type of maps in the same folder.
Versus score vs Survival score is not the same and therefor it reset the score and this is by design.

UPDATE: In the next update you will be rotating maps based on a selected folder. Official Versus and Survival maps will not be in the same folder so this problem is solved this way.
0 x
Gurt