Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

ProjectileCritChanceTakenModifier Does Not Work with Shotguns

All reported bugs that's actually by design.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Bash Kraken
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Action Hero Extraordinaire
SFD Alias: Bash Kraken
Started SFD: December 2012
ProjectileCritChanceTakenModifier Does Not Work with Shotguns

Post by Bash Kraken » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:46 pm

While testing with the ProjectileCritChanceTakenModifier PlayerModifier, I have found that setting the modifier to 0 stops the player from taking all crits except for those caused by multiple-bullet instances, such as when getting hit by all of a shotgun's pellets.
https://youtu.be/n8ju3paJwQM
Here I have set my ProjectileCritChanceDealtModifier while holding the magnum to over 100%, but I have set the CPU's ProjectileCritChanceTakenModifier to 0. He does not get crit when shot by the 100% crit of the magnum, but he does get crit by the shotgun, falling over. I assume that this is because getting hit by multiple bullets to produce a crit is something quite different than random crits.
1 x
heck
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:19 pm

We have a concept of "knockbacks" in SFD when absorbing enough bullets. The knockback act like a crit but is not a random crit. There's no modifier for adjusting the knockback from projectiles today. The knockback is the reason why you eventually always fall over when getting shot by rifles projectiles multiple times for example.
Some way of controlling the knockback will most likely come when we start with the campaigns but not right now.
0 x
Gurt