Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Battle of Teams 2.1b Potential Memory Leak Problem

Here you can find all verified bugs in SFD.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Re: Battle of Teams 2.1b Potential Memory Leak Problem

Post by Kers » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:57 am

I assume your auto restart feature means stop the server and start it again right? I tried that before and the memory was not released. Only close the whole dedicated server program and restart it would fix the issue.
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Kers wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:57 am
I assume your auto restart feature means stop the server and start it again right? I tried that before and the memory was not released. Only close the whole dedicated server program and restart it would fix the issue.
It will mean that even the dedicated server software is affected by something like... well, it's little extreme but close the whole program and reopen it whit the previous data (map, open slots, time limit, ect) should not be impossible, since the launcher stops itself when a new update comes out and then it pops out again independently.

Anyway I think this now should be discussed in a suggestion thread or in the same dedicated server thread...
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:36 pm

JakSparro98 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:23 pm
I think we can opt for another solution, maybe even simplier for the developers to implement, the possibility to auto restart a server after some time or after a number of rounds, as a temporary solution and also as a standard way to preserve the server from unknown bugs caused by long term execution.
Something we have thought about as well and will most likely come in future versions of the game. For now you will have to restart it manually from time to time.
0 x
Gurt

Kers
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Kers » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:18 am

JakSparro98 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:19 pm
Kers wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:57 am
It will mean that even the dedicated server software is affected by something like... well, it's little extreme but close the whole program and reopen it whit the previous data (map, open slots, time limit, ect) should not be impossible, since the launcher stops itself when a new update comes out and then it pops out again independently.

Anyway I think this now should be discussed in a suggestion thread or in the same dedicated server thread...
After I disabled my sound card and restart the system, only battle of teams 2.2 is hosted and no crash after 370 rounds. Sometimes you can notice the ram usage goes down about 3M and but it still takes 650M after 370 rounds. Well at least it is stable now.
0 x

Kers
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Kers » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:13 am

Well after about 400 rounds and 800M ram usage the whole system crashed lol. So the sound card fix doesn't fix this bug after all.
0 x