Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Invisible Items

Here you can find all verified bugs in SFD.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Invisible Guns and Players from Weapon Swap

Post by Wozenbelt » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCmcwuoWSv4
This one's tricky to explain. So, with the new way weapon pickups work, it would seem a new and exciting bug has appeared. Sometimes, when you pick up an item of the same type you already have, your weapon will be invisible. It will also have the name of the weapon you just swapped out. In the case of melee weapons, it will always appear as a one-handed weapon. Guns will be "repaired" as soon as they're fired. When you switch into/out of throw mode, you'll flash invisible, as there's no animation for the black magic you've performed.
Also, at the end of the first clip, I don't know what happened with that katana. That may be worth looking into.

Discovered in Pre-Alpha v1.10.2b
2 x
i got wozen fever

Iliyan
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Enthusiast of SF and SFD
SFD Account: Iliyan
SFD Alias: Iliyan[44]
Started SFD: Carving for it since normal SF

Post by Iliyan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:39 pm

well that's a pretty strange one( never seen it in a real server too) can it be because of you're texture pack????
0 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:11 am

Can confirm this, i have had this happen to me too and i don't use modded files at all. It's definetely a bug.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:46 pm

! Message from: Gurt
Merged topic
I'm not sure how it happened, but I was playing on my server and I picked up a flamethrower and it was invisible for some reason. This is what is looks like in the middle of the equipping animation.Image
This is what it looks like when I'm just holding the flamethrower. As you can see, the flamethrower is invisible in both my weapon slot and my hands. I could un-equip and re-equip it and it was sill invisible. The flamethrower became visible again once I fired it. I'm not sure if the invisibility of the flamethrower was only client side or what.
1 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:10 am

This is similiar to topic by Zyfex. This is a strange one, since Gurt tells us that it is fixed, but this has happened to me too. It's true that after the fix it is more rare, but it's not gone. Can you tell what you were doing, like some block and pickup and aim combo? It would help the devs a lot to find the bug.
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:58 pm

We have gathered some clues about this one. Even if a weapon is invisible for you it's not necessarily invisible for other players. It can happen for any ranged weapon. I don't recall melee/thrown weapons turning invisible.
This bug is a visual bug only so it's very low prioritized. Shooting turns the weapon visible again ;)
0 x
Gurt

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:02 am

If it's only client side I can see why it's low priority. Thx guys!
0 x

Ov3rLoaded
Meatbag

Post by Ov3rLoaded » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:16 pm

! Message from: Gurt
Merged topic
So I was just playing a game with my original character, when I saw this glitch:
http://imgur.com/a/r2T3C
(My Character is "ILuvWafflez")
If you looked at the weapons slots, you can clearly see the throw icon. However, the broken bottle is not appearing in the weapons slot or in my character's hands. If I pressed G, or toggle the throw key, my character would disappear except for his legs. I couldn't capture it because it happens so fast.This happens quite a lot in my games as well.
1 x
I failed in school, so I've decided to fail in SFD.

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:13 am

I noticed this too:

I killed someone who had nades equipped, they fell down and I picked them up, they didnt show up in the slot, when I selcted them, my upper body disappeared. Evidence:
Note: Blurry's server

Added in 15 minutes 7 seconds:
Edit: Alpha 1.1.1

Strange was when i aske dothe rpeople, like cpl Adrian, they didnt see anyhting different. Only I saw the bug.
0 x