Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Restricted Movement on Ladders

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Restricted Movement on Ladders

Post by Wozenbelt » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:46 pm

It would seem as if, when you grab too high above a ladder, you aren't able to move left or right on it. You can still move up or down, which will unlock your movement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfNbk1PpvLk
I don't understand the specifics of this glitch very well, but I'll share what I think. I'm not sure what causes it, but under some circumstance, you can drop and draw weapons while in this frozen ladder state. I feel like it has something to do with drawing a weapon or being in the process of drawing a weapon, but the results have been inconsistent. In the video, the way I got to the specific elevation required to be frozen was by letting the platform end piece on the left shift me up ever so slightly as I bumped into it. When you do things this way, you also have a high chance of sliding left or right, without being able to control yourself. It's weird. Another way I've been able to do it is by standing on the platform above, tapping down ever so slightly, and, before the game automatically places me upward, pressing up myself. This is a more consistent method, I find.

Oh, uh, discovered in Pre-Alpha 1.9.4
1 x
i got wozen fever

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:35 pm

Fixed after Beta 1.0.2c.
0 x
Gurt