Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Possible chainsaw bug?

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Jovani
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Heroe
SFD Account: Jovani
SFD Alias: Johnny
Started SFD: 2014
Possible chainsaw bug?

Post by Jovani » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:16 am

Hello, I have been doing some tests and I found maybe a possible chainsaw bug.
When I used shock baton and then grab with a bot using chainsaw, he could hit me.

The same thing happens when I used dive on him.

If this is a bug, I hope you fix it. Greetings
4 x
-I hope one day to have green ping on most servers...
-SFD is a good game that inspired people to make friends, be artists and "YouTubers". I hope one day SFD becomes famous and everyone recognizes it.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:08 am

This is the case with every weapon. After 4 chainsaw hits you are able to retaliate with one melee move. This is also why I find the chainsaw ineffective against bots if used mindlessly since it doesn't really feel like a power weapon you can use without merit - their inhuman reaction speed allows them to grab me after that third hit or retaliate with a punch combo, putting me at a loss.

The chainsaw isn't supposed to stunlock till death, you do get a brief period of time in which you are able to move or use your melee moves. This is why people bob and weave (and even block) when they use it, so you won't be able to respond in that brief moment of invincibility. I think that is intended behavior.
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:17 pm

Fixed after v.1.1.1. Thanks for the detailed report.
Turns out it's an old bug. Being grabbed while you're stunned will bypass certain disabled checks once the stun wears off even if you're grabbed or in other disabled states. This makes you able to do all kinds of stuff including using the chainsaw while grabbed (which the bots obviously take advantage of).
2 x
Gurt