Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Script not being found by server command

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
FifteenthMember
Meatbag
SFD Account: FifteenthMember
Script not being found by server command

Post by FifteenthMember » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:13 pm

When I host games, the /startscript and /stopscript commands cannot locate any of my scripts, including both scripts that I downloaded from the Steam Workshop and scripts downloaded from elsewhere that I have saved as text files in the scripts subfolder of my SFD folder. In the hosting menu, all the scripts are visible under the advanced settings option and they even run perfectly if I enable them there so the game clearly knows where the scripts are. The /scripts command also lists all of the scripts with no problem. It is only when I use the /startscript and /stopscript commands that the game says the script "cannot be located".

I have been playing SF since beta and I have not had this problem until I purchased the game on Steam. It's very annoying to have to close the server, change the advanced settings and rehost every time I want to stop or start a new script so I would appreciate it if someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.
1 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Thanks for reporting.
There's a bug in the release version where you need to type in the file's name for the script including the file extension.
Fixed after v.1.0.1:
Changed how the scripts are found when using the /Startscript and /Stopscript commands.
It's now possible to type in a part of the script's name and it will still be found.
For example "/startscript test" will first find a script named "test". Secondly it will try to find a script containing "test" in its name. Only applies to names with 3 or more characters in the script's name.
Also adding a separate "/reloadscripts" command to reload new scripts from disk (in case you add new scripts while running the game). Before the "/Startscript" command would reload scripts automatically in case no script was found - which could cause minor freezes.
0 x
Gurt