Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

The Edge Freezing Glitch

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
ill
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Bannaned
SFD Account: ill
SFD Alias: Spider
Started SFD: When Sector 8 was official
The Edge Freezing Glitch

Post by ill » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:53 pm

It has been one of the worst and most annoying glitches i have ever encountered ever in superfighters deluxe. This is worse than the portal glitch, this is worse than any other laggy Bs that is out there. This glitch is so bad and stupid that when it happens it just makes you stay in place and freezes you making you unable to move for 3 seconds.

I am talking about the moment right after you land on an object's edge and the player freezes in the land position for 2-3 seconds making you waste ultra precious time when you are trying to reach something or the enemy is right there in front of you and he starts punching, taking the advantage of your inability to move. THIS IS SO ANNOYING. and the worst part is that it doesn't happen often, it doesn't happen rarely, BUT IT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT, and it usually happens when the game is full of players with ping from 80-150 and that is probably the cause of this glitch, but this is just a presumption.
IT CAN HAPPEN ALMOST ANYWHERE, for example in the map Police station on the moving crate, when you land back on the edge of the crate without DIVING on it, it can happen on metal tables or desks, it can happen on barrels, and absolutely anywhere where is on top of an edge. the Player just freezes in the position of his fist touching the ground.
i do not have any sort of footage to back this up and i am sorry for that, but i just cannot be bothered with the recording programs as they always shut off when i start the game, and i have no idea why.
i sincerely hope that i am not the only one that had this awful experience
0 x
Hjarpe wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:29 am
Gurt says he hates me
Gurt wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:46 pm
It happens
Lunatic wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:45 pm
haha yeah

Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

Post by Zyfex » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:22 pm

http://mythologicinteractiveforums.com/ ... ?f=20&t=47

https://youtu.be/YTr1kmsucVE

it looks like you're talking about this, which is fix'd after 1.8.8
1 x
but in reality

ill
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Bannaned
SFD Account: ill
SFD Alias: Spider
Started SFD: When Sector 8 was official
Post by ill » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:53 pm

it still happens to me even in this update. i don't know why. again it happens when the lobby is full and happens unexpectedly, not like i can reproduce it.
perhaps it's because the lobby is laggy with players with 100-150 ping, maybe the lag helps it to appear i don't know.

wait are you talking about 1.8.9? yeah i don't know if it will be fixed, i just hope it will.
0 x
Hjarpe wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:29 am
Gurt says he hates me
Gurt wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:46 pm
It happens
Lunatic wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:45 pm
haha yeah

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Seems like this is a duplicate of the viewtopic.php?f=20&t=47 which is fixed after Pre-Alpha 1.8.8. That is the next update.
0 x
Gurt