Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Disappearing Weapons Glitch (Zombie Nightmare)

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Spider-Man
Meatbag

Disappearing Weapons Glitch (Zombie Nightmare)

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:21 am

In Zombie Nightmare, if you somehow manage to die at the end of a wave the very second the timer reaches zero, you will spawn in the next round with all of your weapons missing, and they never come back.
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:09 pm

5 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:39 pm

This happens often to me, it's not really a glitch or anything, but I don't think it was intended either, if you die during the timer right after the wave ends your stuff will be gone, but if you're playing solo and vote to start the next wave and then quickly kill yourself, you'll lose none of your stuff...

I don't know how it works, but I assume if the "trigger" to save items was moved right to when the wave ends rather than when the voting is done, I think it'd fix the problem.
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:51 pm

We have done some refactoring on the game over code some time ago when working on the campaign.
It is intentional that you loose all your equipment if you somehow manage to kill yourself even after the wave is completed and the vote has begun/is over. You can only keep your equipment if you stay alive until the loading begins now.
0 x
Gurt