Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Overlapped pierceable tiles keep colliding with projectiles every frame

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Overlapped pierceable tiles keep colliding with projectiles every frame

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Normally when you shoot on pierceable tiles like platforms and other small object they will collide only once when a projectile enters inside the tile, if two platforms are placed in the same position it will result in a new collision every frame, untill the projectile leaves the tile.
I assume this happens because the projectile is storing only one collided tile at a time, this generates a loop because the projectile is alternating the two tiles every frame.
1 x

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:40 pm

This isn't a bug, it's just you overlapping objects, a thing you shouldn't be doing.
1 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Creeper wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:40 pm
This isn't a bug, it's just you overlapping objects, a thing you shouldn't be doing.
In fact I never do, I discovered this in "Facility" map, the walkable lamps to the left are affected by this issue since they don't collide with the player and an invisible platform is used to make the illusion that you can jump on those lamps.
1 x

Creeper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: okokok is real #1
SFD Account: Krypa
SFD Alias: Krypa
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.6

Post by Creeper » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:29 pm

JakSparro98 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:39 pm
In fact I never do, I discovered this in "Facility" map, the walkable lamps to the left are affected by this issue since they don't collide with the player and an invisible platform is used to make the illusion that you can jump on those lamps.
There is a solution to it. Just add an altercollision tile, and enable the "disable projectile hit". It's the dev's fault, they didnt think about it.
Actualy, I don't see a problem with this "bug", I don't see it as a gamebreaking bug. problem solved
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:45 pm

It's not a gamebreaking bug but something we have overlooked. While you shouldn't stack tiles of the same type you might want to do that at some situations. Projectiles only remember the last hit tile to avoid hitting it again. Tweaking the projectiles to support up to 3 stacked overlapping tiles (3 is an arbitrary number here to avoid wasting resources) which should be OK.
Fixed for the release.
4 x
Gurt