Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Screenshake Carries Over in Map Editor

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Wozenbelt
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: MASTER OF MOVEMENT
SFD Alias: (LM) Wozenbelt
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.1.1

Screenshake Carries Over in Map Editor

Post by Wozenbelt » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:28 pm

I would have recorded this one, but:
(1) There's an issue with recording the map editor where it randomly flashes purple. I know it's not just me; see that really good bug report Quinterball made.
(2) My computer's garbage and can't record above -19 fps.

It seems as though if an explosion occurs at the same time a user exits the map editor's test mode, the screenshake will remain with them. When no buttons are pressed, there is no visible effect, but moving the camera around in edit mode looks shaky and somewhat nauseating. It doesn't go away unless you exit edit mode. The explicit procedure is as follows:
1. Load up the map editor.
2. Enter test mode.
3. Blow something up and exit test mode. You should hear the full explosion noise.
4. Move the camera around and behold.
Unfortunately, the effect doesn't stack.
0 x
i got wozen fever

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:39 pm

Recording in the map editor (or the game) is nothing we will support.

Screen shake fixed after Alpha v.1.3.3.
0 x
Gurt