Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

account name visible while offline

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Zyfex
SFD Q.A. Tester
SFD Q.A. Tester
Title: point collectin'
SFD Alias: Khnight
Started SFD: forever

account name visible while offline

Post by Zyfex » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:46 pm

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

on rare occasion the player can be offline while also having their account name visible
0 x
but in reality

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:24 am

Might happen if you rejoin a server that has at some previously time validated your account already and cached the result but you're now joining with an old session token (maybe left SFD for 1 hour to come back later). Hm. Might need to force a re-check on accounts after a certain amount of passed time on the server.
0 x
Gurt

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:43 pm

I've also had this happen the opposite way around, I'm logged into my account but get rejected from account-locked servers because I supposedly have no account.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Improved handling of account status checks to Alpha v.1.3.0. on both server and client side.

The main problem seem to be that the server caches account status forever now. Changed it to 1 minute. So leaving / joining the same server will eventually look up your account anew.
1 x
Gurt