Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[DONE] Major feature: Player accounts

Here you can see some of our planned features for Superfighters Deluxe.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Re: Major feature: Player accounts

Post by Motto73 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:27 am

I am going to pay for it, if I can. Currently I'm living with my parents, and they dont let me pay any money for games. So if it's possible to pay with something like paysafe cards, I'm very happy to buy it. Possibly on steam, that might be the best. I play it with a poor laptop, and i really think that when the devs are working hard and then they come home just to work more on this game. They barely sleep and eat. Then I think that how they just work on this, and they don't get anything for it. Just think about the food and hyres and everything they have to pay! Think about that how much you have played this and how much it has pleasured you. Is 5-10$ too much to pay for it? Please dont argue about this, let the admins decide. Remember, if you have bought it once, it's your's for ever.
1 x

Sadantium
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Aiming Demi-God
SFD Alias: Sadan the Drifter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Sadantium » Sat May 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Hjarpe wrote:Even if you've played the game early (which we appreciate) I don't think it's fair to expect the game for free.

We'd like to release an ambitious game like SFD every 2 years instead of every 5+ years, but that won't happen unless people are willing to pay for them. Like most indie games, the complete SFD won't cost you much more than a meal in a restaurant, which I think is reasonable for hundreds of hours of non-repetitive entertainment. We want to try to get the game on Steam and maybe other platforms, and we're thinking about crowdfunding the finalization of the game too.

Right now though, we're focused on getting the game playable for more people, which is why we're prioritizing the dedicated server software.
A good strategy for you guys is posting the game in Steam Greenlight (when the game is almost done).
Linking accounts with Steam, or something like that.

Also, you can add more features through the time with DLC's and packs or something like that, plus you can add some special customization packs that players buy for their characters.

Those are some ideas, but I don't know if it could be possible.

Another thing to think about: Cracks, Hacks, etc.

I hope you see this and get some ideas from here.
0 x
Drifting since 1948.

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Sat May 14, 2016 11:16 pm

Yopa wrote:I pay for the game. There will be fewer children who play this game because their parents will tell NOOOOOOOOOOO!
Damn there will be VAT, Luckily you are european. The Americans will have to pay 3$ more :D :D I hope i will pay with my phone.
The number of server of course will be divided by 5.
I have a question, I play on my computer once the dining room because the connection is best to put my server when I get the opportunity or on my laptop to create maps, is that n will pay once the game (without using steam) and put it on another computer ?
Getting the game onto Steam would let us reach a whole lot more people, but we'll also try to make it so you can get it without using Steam. Either way, you'll certainly be able to download the game on multiple computers.
4 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

The Adventurer
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The Lone Wolf

Post by The Adventurer » Mon May 30, 2016 4:20 am

I dont want to be silly, and i dpnt want rage post quoting my post, but, if the owners of this game (Gurt and Hjarpe) make this game paid, they will lose many players... because some players (not me) just play this gane because its a game with a different concept and first of all... its FREE!... they gonna hate this idea of buying the game (at my view)...
1 x
Good Adventures Gentlemen...

-The Adventurer

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Mon May 30, 2016 10:55 am

huh, people that spend years of their lives working hard to develop a video game wanna be paid for their work???

Only thing I see wrong with what they're doing right now is the fact that if they don't start selling the game now, there's not going to be any reason to actually buy it. They keep releasing new free versions, the difference between the end product and the non-finished product is going to be so minuscule that there would be no reason to by the "full version" when everything is already available just one version back.
5 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Mon May 30, 2016 11:55 am

Lunatic wrote:huh, people that spend years of their lives working hard to develop a video game wanna be paid for their work???

Only thing I see wrong with what they're doing right now is the fact that if they don't start selling the game now, there's not going to be any reason to actually buy it. They keep releasing new free versions, the difference between the end product and the non-finished product is going to be so minuscule that there would be no reason to by the "full version" when everything is already available just one version back.
If there's going to be this account feature,you won't be able to login without an actual,paid game (I guess).
So yeah,if tomorrow the complete version of SFD hits the market,with player accounts and everything,everybody could still be able to download 1.9.1 for free,but without an account they would not be able to use online features. At least that's what I got from the main post.
2 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Scarface
Superfighter
Superfighter
Post by Scarface » Mon May 30, 2016 3:57 pm

@Lunatic Exactly! There are Non-Steam servers for games like Counter Strike, there will be eventually some for SFD. Or someone will crack it. I don't see the point to start selling the game when it's finished. We already have many features, and I wouldn't buy SFD if that 'final' update wouldn't add things like many weapons or full campaign. Actually, if devs released version with campaign(let's say there are some little bugs in there that will be fixed in final update), I wouldn't need to buy the final version (maybe for DLC's), I would just play the campaign, trying to avoid bugs. I strongly recommend starting to sell the game at version 2.0.0.
0 x
Decisions, decisions.

Dinodude239
Meatbag
Title: Bear
SFD Alias: LeVar
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dinodude239 » Mon May 30, 2016 4:22 pm

If it costed £100 I would buy it (if I had that money obviously) if you use a different currency like $ or Euros (sorry I don't have a Euro symbol I'm from the UK) but if your going to make people pay for a game I would do something like this say the final game will be £5.00 them make the pre alpha £3.50 so the people who stuck with the game all this time get it a bit cheaper please don't have a go at me everyone it's only a suggestion and a lot of game developers do this and anyway this game is good so and it's worth lots it has so much potential and I LOVE it
1 x
Sined LeVar A.K.A Dinodude239 P.S comic sans is the best font

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Mon May 30, 2016 5:11 pm

I think they'll save a lot of the goodies for the final update. For example, all the campaigns, intelligent bots, and other stuff, so people have motivation to buy it. Also, I think all the tools necessary to make your own campaign in the editor should only be available in the final update, otherwise people might make replicas of the original campaigns in older free versions.
2 x
Hold your breath.

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Tue May 31, 2016 12:00 am

As long as we have the server hosting capability and the game is, for the most part, fleshed out, the end product won't have much more that the current version doesn't already have. I'm not saying don't sell the product, I'm saying product prototypes that fulfill their function well are already available for free.

They're going to have to do something big if they plan to make hosting restricted to only those with player accounts. Looking forward to what they whip up.
2 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

NoobChicken
Meatbag

Post by NoobChicken » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:53 pm

If the dev can't think of something for the full relese i might have some ideas to make the game free but stull earn money.
You could put ads on the game and make us pay to remove them for the one who payed.
Adding micro transaction (like suply drops in cod or stuff like that).
Excusive Vip Stuff.
If the dev's do the game f2p with one or more of this stuff do not make the game pay to win or it is not enjoyble.
Still im fine purchasing the game but i know that alot of people will not get it including me.
Keep up the good work! :D
2 x

Powerbombs
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: four dimensional lasagna
SFD Account: Powerbombs
SFD Alias: powerbomb, bomberman
Started SFD: pre alpha 1.2

Post by Powerbombs » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:24 pm

I have a question. What if you try to make your account and someone already took it? That would suck big time. Could you possibly put your forum account with the login (on the launcher or sign up) and add a "Remember me" button so account stealing can also be prevented?
1 x
#RemoveFlamethrower

D Trump
Meatbag

Post by D Trump » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Even if you've played the game early (which we appreciate) I don't think it's fair to expect the game for free.
So we can't expect the game for free but:

...we will still be able to play the alpha right? Us early followers will get the buggy unfinished version missing lots of features? The final big paid update with accounts is coming out for sure but will we get the previous alpha version still available with hosting? It won't be as good as the premium and it will only be available to us but we would still be able to play alpha. Right? Please? <3
0 x

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:59 pm

Got the question.When users forget passwords to their accounts,will there be a way to retrieve the account?
1 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Sh4d0w wrote:Got the question.When users forget passwords to their accounts,will there be a way to retrieve the account?
Unless you manage to forget your email address, yes!
0 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:38 am

Hjarpe wrote:
Sh4d0w wrote:Got the question.When users forget passwords to their accounts,will there be a way to retrieve the account?
Unless you manage to forget your email address, yes!
That's a good news for me.I'll try not to forget my email address. :D
0 x

TimeWorker
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: TiME TrAVleR
SFD Alias: ClockWorker
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.1

Post by TimeWorker » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:42 pm

i can buy this game if it was like to give money to some one i can't online buy anything so thats why problem and ik that they have worked alot in making this game and they can't let it for free but i will try to buy it
0 x
DoNt FoRgEt WhAT TiME It IS!!!![/fade][/color][/shadow]

jejodeca
Meatbag

Post by jejodeca » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:37 pm

please dont make the game paid im a poor PLEASE!!!!!!!!
0 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:16 pm

jejodeca wrote:please dont make the game paid im a poor PLEASE!!!!!!!!
HEY KEEP CALM , YOU IS POOR? I TOO , YOU LOVE THE GAME? I TOO , BUT ALL HAVE A PRICE :D
0 x
Just me The Predator!

GreenyShark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Stealing kills from range
SFD Alias: Greeny
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.0

Post by GreenyShark » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:54 pm

Let's settle this debate in a very classic way. PROS AND CONS!

Pros of having accounts and paying for sfd :There will be less bloody annoying kids in the game, The Developers will have money$$, They're wouldn't be people getting banned and just changing their user name to get back in servers just to annoy people, game challenges sound cool like "win 30 rounds in a row", If we pay for this then the game could get enough mula for advertising, People are helping the Developers make a living.

Cons: We might lose a lot of players in sfd. Why? well here's the pie chart.

SFD PLAYERS
50% = players under age 18 (or don't have a credit card)
25% = players who are over 18, but don't care about the game that much to pay for it
20% = players who are over 18 and would love to pay for the game
10% = New Players who just wanted to try out the game but got wrecked by a couple pros and raged quit.

Cons(cont.) People are helping the developers make a living just get a job other than a developer
0 x