Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[DONE] Major feature: Campaigns

Here you can see some of our planned features for Superfighters Deluxe.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Re: Major feature: Campaigns

Post by Shark » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:18 am

Psycho wrote:If You are making campaigns you should make it like 5 Hours Long.With Many Chapters and More Maps
Hey , this is to the future of game , the updates are slow , It will take very for such a thing
0 x
Just me The Predator!

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:25 pm

Kyra wrote:BTW you should the same cpu intelegence from SF... They truly are op when in hard mode... They never miss... Since the cpu in SFD are REALY too easy for anyone... They use the same pattern and in zombie maps when hit nothing and just stay their when a player is above it.. REALY hope theirs mor intelegence in CPUs in SFD...
You propably have never thought how hard is it to create as working bot AI's as in flash. This is not the number one in the list for now. Because this is built on XNA Framework, they have to do it from the very beginning.
► Show Spoiler
3 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:46 am

I was thinking it would be something like that.
► Show Spoiler
7 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Esper
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: In vainglory they arose, kinda
SFD Alias: Esper, Bachhal, Famfrit...
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.7.6c

Post by Esper » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:27 pm

Nice design, but I thought about some city walking and stuff, occasional fights with good story and replayability. Not only a fight as a chapter
3 x
Inserting the most notorious, stupid and insulting thread where admins won't charge you for almost anything.

NoOne
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: LegioNPL
SFD Alias: None
Started SFD: Pre-alpha 1.7.0

Post by NoOne » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:43 am

Hjarpe. So this will be : Kill all to win ? If yes this campaign will be boring maybe there should be some type of missions like
-Survive 10 minutes to win = In this mission, player will must survive waves of Cpu.
-Catch target = chasing target with car or helicopter
-Plant bomb = destroy something like building or laboratory
You know what i mean ?
4 x
Don't mess with mad guy

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:43 pm

NoOne, I was thinking that the campaign mode would be like the same as Superfighters, a medium size map and you kill all then you win, but now I'm realizing it would probably be like an arcade campaign, I mean, like an adventure map, where you go passing through the obstacles while killing enemies in a really big map of the theme (Hazardous, Police).

I've realized that when I was doing the movement tutorial, then I'm thinking it would be the same as this map.
1 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:35 pm

There will probably be an "Arcade Campaign" as a tribute to the original game, but there will also probably be more "actual" campaigns. The devs aren't narrowminded or uncreative as to just make the one arcade.
3 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Juansero29
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Superfighter
SFD Account: Juansero29
SFD Alias: Juansero29
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.0.5

Post by Juansero29 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Ooh yeah! Really looking forward to see those campaigns :) Maybe start using IA npc's again? It was nice back then in the old superfighters :D Would be nice to use them in the map editor in different states like ally, enemy, neutral... that would make really interesting to make adventure maps :D
1 x

Code: Select all

boom() {
  echo "BOOM!";			
}
BOOM!
----------------------------------------
Setting the world free since 1998
----------------------------------------

chito
Meatbag
SFD Account: chito

Post by chito » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:52 pm

Well,i like the idea,but..
i think would be better if you finalize the other features

-chito 2016 :D
0 x

Taikairama
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: j ok da I'm da iad ok da I'll
Started SFD: 1.6.0 maybe

Post by Taikairama » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:18 pm

Personally I don't like the idea, but if you will make it, I hope that will have an original story and maybe play it with your friends online or offline
0 x
Rubber wrote:also paywalls remove toxic players

Stekkmen
Meatbag
SFD Account: Stekkmen

Post by Stekkmen » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:45 am

I can't wait to have AI to fight and practice again.

I think the humor should be based around really cheesy 80's action movies. "You are thinking you can defeat me, American!? Hahahahahaha. Ha." and then you punch him into acid.

I hope we get some boss fights, too- maybe just a larger Superfighter character that you have to use the environment to kill.
0 x

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:15 pm

The campaign should bring some more depth to the game and answer some questions and open up new mysteries and really get us talking and discussing. Although playability is key, plot is very important as well. Character development and what not. I feel like the campaign is going to be very war-based.
2 x
-Evilsack

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
Post by btelchi » Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 pm

Oh, so you'r working on the campaigns now? Great. I've been waiting for this for 2 years. I hope it reveals some of the game's story, and brings interest to the game. Also i think in future in 2125 after the campaigns are done, maybe there will be an abbility to download custom campaign DLC's or other?
Off Topic
AAAAAAAHH FINALLYYYYY
0 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

hyper copter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Leave my profile alone.
SFD Account: Hyper
SFD Alias: Hyper

Post by hyper copter » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:58 am

Hmm... It looks like story mode... What if you... live in a city and you can enter several places to buy weapons and items and you do missions to gain money and some side missions and about coop what if the camera get only on the PLAYER not the PLAYERS that'll make big maps easier to see in coop... next is missions if a player wanted to start a mission in coop there will be 60 seconds for other players to join... arena, where players can practice by fighting each other with bare hands, only melee, and weapons, shooting range, where players can improve they're shooting skills, a bar... or a lobby, where players can chat, OW YEAH WAIT! chatting is local only who's close to you can hear you, and... the best of all.... the campaign will not be on a game on the list, hosted by someone, or a server... It will be always available and every single player can join... yeah... MORE THAN 8!!! I just hope that's not too much on programming or developing... with more than 8 i meant the campaign will be more like rpg games where all players of sfd can join in a row even more than 8,9,10,20,100,OVER 9000!
Hope you like my idea guys!
0 x
''The great thing about multitasking is that several things can go wrong at once."
- Andrew B. Sweger.

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Evilsack » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:52 pm

hyper copter wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:58 am
Hmm... It looks like story mode... What if you... live in a city and you can enter several places to buy weapons and items and you do missions to gain money and some side missions and about coop what if the camera get only on the PLAYER not the PLAYERS that'll make big maps easier to see in coop... next is missions if a player wanted to start a mission in coop there will be 60 seconds for other players to join... arena, where players can practice by fighting each other with bare hands, only melee, and weapons, shooting range, where players can improve they're shooting skills, a bar... or a lobby, where players can chat, OW YEAH WAIT! chatting is local only who's close to you can hear you, and... the best of all.... the campaign will not be on a game on the list, hosted by someone, or a server... It will be always available and every single player can join... yeah... MORE THAN 8!!! I just hope that's not too much on programming or developing... with more than 8 i meant the campaign will be more like rpg games where all players of sfd can join in a row even more than 8,9,10,20,100,OVER 9000!
Hope you like my idea guys!
Your idea is unique, although earning money would just result in grind.
I recommend that you don't overuse ellipses, I struggled to read half of what you wrote.
1 x
-Evilsack

Venom
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Faaking Jhesus
SFD Alias: jajajaja sadasdjasiojd
Started SFD: When it was fun
Post by Venom » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:44 am

please bring back funnyman. i really loved his character
1 x
YOU FAAKING BITH NIGR BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO YOU ARE FAAKING YOUR FAAKING LIFE

IF YOU FAAKING FAAKING WITH TIME I WILL FAAKING COME AND KILL YOU BITH YOU DED :evil:

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Evilsack » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Evilsack wrote:
Fri May 06, 2016 11:29 pm
Who remembers Funnyman? Imagine if at the end of the campaign your character (somehow) falls into some chemicals. And there's a short cutscene maybe like a comic book format where the character climbs out a sewer or Hazardous map and realises that he's surprisingly pale and has a stretched grin on his face. Now that would be powerful end to a campaign. Just a idea I guess.
I think it could work like that ^ Although I doubt he'll fit in as a playable character and he'll probably have more of a cameo than anything else.
1 x
-Evilsack

Sparkz
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Cluelessly Reckless
SFD Account: Thunder Sparks
SFD Alias: Zap
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.7.1

Post by Sparkz » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Evilsack wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:19 pm
Evilsack wrote:
Who remembers Funnyman? Imagine if at the end of the campaign your character (somehow) falls into some chemicals. And there's a short cutscene maybe like a comic book format where the character climbs out a sewer or Hazardous map and realises that he's surprisingly pale and has a stretched grin on his face. Now that would be powerful end to a campaign. Just a idea I guess.
I think it could work like that ^ Although I doubt he'll fit in as a playable character and he'll probably have more of a cameo than anything else.
If you played flash superfighters you must've noticed when you look clearly the characters are dancing when they are idle.
0 x
work work work can't relax

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by Evilsack » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:26 pm

Sparkz wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:08 pm
Evilsack wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:19 pm
Evilsack wrote:
If you played flash superfighters you must've noticed when you look clearly the characters are dancing when they are idle.
Superfighters never dance. They simply shift the weight of their muscular bodies.
2 x
-Evilsack

Merchant
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Your average white man
SFD Account: Merchant
SFD Alias: (LM) Merchant
Started SFD: December 2012

Post by Merchant » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:33 am

Neat idea. Eventhough i don't know how the campaigns are going to look like, im sure there'll be players who'll speedrun it. Waiting for it patiently
0 x
You heard of Hell, well, I was sent from it
I went to it, servin' a sentence
For murderin' instruments
Now I'm tryin' to repent from it
But when I hear the beat, I'm tempted
To make another attempt at it; I'm Infinite - Eminem