Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[DONE] Planned feature: C4

Here you can see some of our planned features for Superfighters Deluxe.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Re: Planned feature: C4

Post by Noble » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:09 pm

C4 will stick in walls, boxes, objects, right? If it's just one then it's not better than mines and grenades I think, maybe if it's more powerful and with a higher range. Ins't a necessary information to be in the topic?
2 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:43 pm

As an explosive that you can detonate at will, it will opens up a huge variety of tactical options. If it sticks to walls and ceilings, one could place it next to a portal and detonate it as someone comes through or as you leave it. You can place it on cover and detonate it as you see fit. It's not just like mines in that players won't go through it, it's that you can place it and detonate it when you want so you can pass through it but others can't. C4 has the potential to be a fantastic tool. As such I would assume it to be a rare spawn.
2 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:48 pm

Call me crazy, but I think C4 should be an insta-kill if the enemy is at the max-damage radius. If I'm not mistaken, all explosives in the game have a max-damage radius, and an outer-radius with decreasing damage. Grenades and mines do 70 damage at max, and considering C4 is a stronger explosive, it should do 100.

80 would make it feel equal to grenades and mines, and 90... well, the guy would take like 5 damage from the fall, so... might as well just kill him, hehe. I don't know, it would be weird to have a weapon that does 99.9 damage.
2 x
Hold your breath.

Apocalyptic
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: bullet on target.
SFD Alias: |LPH| sexy chocolate
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.2.0/May 2013

Post by Apocalyptic » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:36 pm

DeadlyPawn wrote:C4 will stick in walls, boxes, objects, right? If it's just one then it's not better than mines and grenades I think, maybe if it's more powerful and with a higher range. Ins't a necessary information to be in the topic?
Well, think with me: Imagine a situation, in Police Station. There's a player without weapons, with 15 HP in a open place. Then, him's enemy is on the roof and has a C4. He throws the C4 and when it's getting closer to the other player, he press the button and BOOM! That player tried to run away, but he hasn't a chance.
It wouldn't be powerful than grenades, or mines?
2 x
The End is just the beginning.

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:06 am

Imagine.

If the C4 would stick to objects.

You are on a roof. There is someone inside. There is a rolling barrel next to you. You stick the C4 to the barrel. Then you roll it down the roof to the crates next to the door. The barrel will jump and roll into the house. The dude inside whines and tries to run away: BOOM!

This will be a hugely tactical and weapon. Just setting one on the road no one will go across it. Everyone would fear the C4. Awesome.
4 x

Rhodes
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: I am Rhodes!
SFD Account: Rhodes
SFD Alias: Rhodes
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Rhodes » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Motto73 wrote:Imagine.

If the C4 would stick to objects.

You are on a roof. There is someone inside. There is a rolling barrel next to you. You stick the C4 to the barrel. Then you roll it down the roof to the crates next to the door. The barrel will jump and roll into the house. The dude inside whines and tries to run away: BOOM!

This will be a hugely tactical and weapon. Just setting one on the road no one will go across it. Everyone would fear the C4. Awesome.
I agree, absolutely. Like, who WOULD be crazy enough to even go NEAR a C4? Why would you do something so dangerous and obviously stupid as that?(Except me, I might just.)
Anyway, I suggest that C4 CAN be moved by grab, though you WOULD get slowed down considerably, imagine if the guy with the detonator doesn't notice!
Guy holding C4:"Ok, I'm gonna stand over this guy with the detonator."
Detonator guy:"Oh! An opponent is gonna pass over the place where I planted the C4! YAY! Boom Time!" *clicks detonator*
Guy holding C4:"Block button, let's drop this thing!" *drops C4 on detonator's head*
BOOM!!
Detonator Guy: #BlewMyselfUpWithMyOwnC4
:lol: :lol:
0 x
IF YOU PLAY SFD I'M COMING AFTER YOU!!

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
Post by btelchi » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:50 pm

What about suicide bombing someone?Ig For example if your enemy uses melee and you know your about to die you just put a C4 on your body and meet your death by taking you oponent burning in hell with you! That can help your team because if your team wins everyone in a team get's a point even if everyone is dead.
0 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.

james5734
Meatbag
SFD Account: james5734

Post by james5734 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:03 pm

I'm not sure why this one isn't labeled as finished yet
0 x

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:09 pm

james5734 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:03 pm
I'm not sure why this one isn't labeled as finished yet
Good point. Fixed!
1 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.