Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[DONE] Planned feature: Shock baton

Here you can see some of our planned features for Superfighters Deluxe.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Re: Planned feature: Shock baton

Post by KliPeH » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:14 pm

Lunatic wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 pm
This is easily a melee power weapon. Expect rare spawns.
I'd actually like for this to be a power weapon. We don't have one in the melee category and maybe it's time to change this. We don't have a real "don't fuck with me" weapon; katanas and fireaxes can be engaged with bare fists, and it's even preferable to do so - considering blocking completely negates all damage and fists are the fastest melee "weapon" in the game. I'd be in favor of a pocket insta-killer any time, even if it's a single-use item (which it probably should be considering the potential damage it can cause).

Since any melee weapon can be blocked with the fists without the fighters taking damage, we're assuming the block action is not actually the fighter taking a hit and soaking the damage but rather redirecting it so they aren't hit. That's how they're surviving all these katana strikes, right? Let's assume this is the case with the shocker too. The fighter deflects the hit by concentrating on the opponent's hands rather than the weapon (even if we don't see that from the sprite) and that's how they stay on their feet. If that's the case there's no reason for the shocker to stun the player when they block. I'd say have the item be single-use in a way as to allow it to only shock once, after which it'll break, but have it be able to take multiple "blocks" as it were.

This would give the user multiple chances to effectively utilize the weapon while not making it massively difficult to deal with.

EDIT: I should clarify that I have a fast weapon in mind, as I use "shocker" in my post rather than "shock baton". It should be relatively fast to swing, that's why players using it get multiple chances to stun their opponent (getting hasty and "wasting" the charge on a block is not exactly the definition of "fun"). Essentially, you're setting the player up for an easy stun; the opponent isn't supposed to soak up the entirety of the weapon's durability without getting hit once (although this can be made possible if weapon balance is concerned). It's a power weapon after all.
2 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:00 am

KliPeH wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:14 pm
EDIT: I should clarify that I have a fast weapon in mind, as I use "shocker" in my post rather than "shock baton". It should be relatively fast to swing, that's why players using it get multiple chances to stun their opponent
ah, yes a shocker could be an attachment like raptor suggested but instead it being on your melee weapon it could be on your fists allowing you to deliver brief stuns that don't last long enough to allow you to switch to your melee weapon and get a free hit, this could make great use of the sheathe key which would allow you to deliver a stun and maybe retreat? or grab and throw the player over a ledge or away from you.

maybe it could look like an attachment to the player's knuckles like This kinda like how it looked in BO2(that image makes me nostalgic, What happened to you COD?)
1 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Porodici123
Meatbag
SFD Account: Porodici123

Post by Porodici123 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:21 am

So when we will you add the shock baton in the game?
0 x

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:06 pm

WHAO this came out of nowhere, i was sitting here and then OH BTW SHOK BATON!!!!
0 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:45 pm

Porodici123 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:21 am
So when we will you add the shock baton in the game?
In the next update. I hope.
0 x
Just me The Predator!

Shock
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Content-maker
SFD Account: Shock
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.0.

Post by Shock » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:35 pm

it's time to ditch myself , but yea... I've been waiting for this weapon long enough
0 x
-Content-maker.

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:39 pm

Police brutality, coming up.
1 x

Shark