Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

[CANCELLED] Planned feature: Parachute

Here you can see some of our planned features for Superfighters Deluxe.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

[CANCELLED] Planned feature: Parachute

Post by Hjarpe » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:34 pm

This came from an idea discussed in this thread -- thanks to The Adventurer and the other contributors!

-Found in supply crates.
-Fills the powerup slot just like slo-mo.
-You can only have one parachute at a time.
-One-time use.
-Activated by pressing 5 when in mid-air (jumping, knocked down or diving).
-Apart from slowing your fall, the parachute puts you in a special falling state. You can move horizontally, as well as speed up or slow down your descent with the arrow keys. You can also melee, shoot and manual aim as if standing on solid ground.
-Lasts until you land, the parachute is destroyed, or you deactivate it by double-tapping down.
-The parachute will be damaged by bullets and fire.
15 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:39 pm

Melee?? Wow. Here's a little inspiration for a campaign mini boss (edit: starts at 2:25):

https://youtu.be/hnFCv6uAGb8?t=147

edit 2: not saying it should be a machine, but it would be cool to fight someone or something during a parachute fall.
2 x
Hold your breath.

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:51 pm

I don't think it's been discussed yet, but I added melee in there because if you can manual aim as if standing on solid ground, it makes sense to treat all attacks as if you're standing on solid ground. But we'll see. It's a recent idea so a lot may change :)
1 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:46 am

Melee while using the chute sure sounds fun, makes sense to me if you're free falling.
0 x
Hold your breath.

Lunatic
Title: I hope Klipeh bans himself
SFD Alias: (LM) Lunatic
Started SFD: 1.0.5 Pre-Alpha

Post by Lunatic » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:07 am

I can imagine actual combos coming out of this.

Jump attack, right after it connect to knock someone down, parachute and jab, then double tap down and do another falling attack. Grounded kick after you land and punch once more.

Hopefully the mechanics at play allow for this.
1 x
Originally posted by Gurt
SFD BADASS! 8-)

TheOriginalCj
Title: Lifetime Sentence to SF Wiki
SFD Alias: RedneckJed
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.1.0

Post by TheOriginalCj » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:21 am

I was wondering, since the parachute is gonna be more durable, if there's a damage/fall buffer ratio so depending on the damage done to the parachute, the user will fall faster, making timing imperative, and control absolutely nessecary.

Also when the parachute is destroyed, the player will instantly fall from that point onward (with not graceful recovery).
0 x
Superfighters Wiki Founder
The Superfighters Wiki
Join the Wiki!
Danger Ross wrote: What are you doing here wiki-slave?! GET BACK TO WORK!

Antwan
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Fighter (SPZ)
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Antwan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:54 pm

If you fall too fast with the parachute, will you get damaged?
0 x
When I'm coming,YOU MOVE!!!!!!

The Adventurer
Fighter
Fighter
Title: The Lone Wolf

Post by The Adventurer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:35 am

no beacause you can't fall "too fast" with the parachute xD... its just the game logic...
0 x
Good Adventures Gentlemen...

-The Adventurer

[Failman]
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Failure of memes
SFD Alias: Chuckmagaden, Chuck, or random
Started SFD: Before pants

Post by [Failman] » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Something that's been on my mind, if I was falling in a uncontrollable state like if I was kicked off a platform would I still be able to active the parachute?
0 x
Sorry for any errors(so much FAIL)

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:39 pm

[Failman] wrote:Something that's been on my mind, if I was falling in a uncontrollable state like if I was kicked off a platform would I still be able to active the parachute?
Hjarpe wrote:-Activated by pressing 5 when in mid-air (jumping, knocked down or diving).
I'm assuming "knocked down" refers to the freefalling state when you get kicked or punched off a high place, the "uncontrollable state" you're talking about.
0 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:38 pm

First, i think one handed weapons should be the only ones useable while parachuting. As for melee, i think only one handed melee weapons should be useable here, too. ( Knife, Machete, Pipewrench, etc. )

Also, IMO i don't think you should be able to use a parachute after being knocked down or diving. But if you are going to be able to use a parachute after being knocked down, i think you should atleast have some problem to stabilize yourself after that.

Other than that, would be a fun addition.
2 x
Shut up bitch!!

Rhodes
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: I am Rhodes!
SFD Account: Rhodes
SFD Alias: Rhodes
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Rhodes » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:05 pm

There should be a limit to how much the para can handle as in if you have been falling for a certain distance/height then the para should take more time to stabilize you/slow you down, and maybe if the height is really huge then the para tries to slow you down for a bit, and if you hit the ground during that time, you receive half the normal fall damage, and after trying to stabilize(as mentioned before) the para just rips in two due to velocity or something like that. Then fall damage is set depending on.the height from where the para ripped in two.
0 x
IF YOU PLAY SFD I'M COMING AFTER YOU!!

Stekkmen
Meatbag
SFD Account: Stekkmen

Post by Stekkmen » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:12 pm

I'd like it if it was a just a get out of jail free card for if you're about to fall into an environmental hazard. It'll give you a second chance in-case you react too slow and someone insta-kills you with a grapple into a big pit- instead of falling in, you can parachute to safety.
0 x

btelchi
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: . . .
SFD Account: @btelchi
SFD Alias: I've got plenty
Started SFD: PreAlpha
Post by btelchi » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:38 pm

What about if you fall with a parachute you will still be able to shoot Just Cause style from it but the weapoons you will be able to use will be from second slot (UZI, pistol, magnum etc.), but you will still be able to shoot your own parachute too. And if someone shoots it you won't insta fall and break your legs, you will just fall faster, and after the first shot was done you can now get damage from flying down (depends on how many holes your enemy made in your para: 1- 5dmg, 2- 20dmg, 3 - 30dmg, 4 - 50dmg, 5 - parachute is broken). Also how about wind?
0 x
Join our agency today. Copy AAT ayy
https://discord.gg/rB3GgCt
America is a tune, it must be sung together.