Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Map editor clears triggers

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
La_Nutria
Meatbag
Started SFD: sometime in 2014
Map editor clears triggers

Post by La_Nutria » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:06 pm

A friend told me that when putting triggers, others stop working, or are deleted directly, he is creating a campaign, with area triggers, camera triggers and others, at first I thought that the map editor had a limit of triggers too as objects, but I dont know if it is a mistake, I hope you can help me, thanks in advance
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:12 pm

There is probably a RemoveAreaTrigger in the map causing everything overlapping it to be removed.
You do not need to use RemoveAreaTrigger(s) unless you're making a really big map part and you need to unload stuff after a certain room has been cleared for performance reasons. I suggest you don't use these triggers at all. Maybe at them last when everything else is done.
1 x
Gurt