Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Disconnection in LAN server

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Disconnection in LAN server

Post by Kers » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:52 am

I host servers on one computer and play SFD on another one. Both are in my local network. After about 30 seconds, the game will be disconnected from the server. Server log just says disconnection. Both joining through the lobby and using the connect by IP option are affected by this bug.
0 x

Kers
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Kers
SFD Alias: Kers
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.4

Post by Kers » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:09 pm

Dunno what changed but today at first i was lagging hard in my servers even though ping is single digit. Then in the afternoon everything works fine now.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:59 am

If you're playing on a wifi connection over the 2.4GHz try switching to 5.0GHz or use an Ethernet cable. The 2.4HGz band can be busy, especially if there's more 2.4GHz devices nearby. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXbidC6q5-Y for some more in-depth explanation. So your experience may vary from day-to-day depending on amount of traffic over the 2.4GHz band.
The server lagging is most likely a windows update running or the .NET runtime optimization service running. Those end after some time.
0 x
Gurt