Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Thrown items not hitting enemies.

Here you can find all solved gameplay problems and bugs (beginning from Pre-Alpha 1.8.8).
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Thrown items not hitting enemies.

Post by mgtr14 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:47 pm

Title. Throwing in the release version is now way less likely to hit players. Sometimes it goes straight through (Even at peak velocity), and a combo isn't possible anymore it seems. To do the combo, be sure that you're ready to throw and that you have higher ground. Now simply run off the higher ground and kick when you're close to the ground, and throw right thereafter. Doesn't work anymore it seems.

Could it be that the hitboxes has changed, or that the minimum velocity is too high?
Last edited by mgtr14 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Shut up bitch!!

piterskiy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: PiterskiyReal
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.X

Post by piterskiy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:11 pm

agree, saw a lot of times since the release throwing items goes through enemies sometimes for no reason
0 x

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:19 pm

piterskiy wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:11 pm
agree, saw a lot of times since the release throwing items goes through enemies sometimes for no reason
This always happened. Is it happening more often?
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Merchant
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Your average white man
SFD Account: Merchant
SFD Alias: (LM) Merchant
Started SFD: December 2012

Post by Merchant » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:22 pm

RickAvory wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:19 pm
piterskiy wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:11 pm
This always happened. Is it happening more often?
Shortly: Imo, yes.

Sincerely, Merchant.
0 x
You heard of Hell, well, I was sent from it
I went to it, servin' a sentence
For murderin' instruments
Now I'm tryin' to repent from it
But when I hear the beat, I'm tempted
To make another attempt at it; I'm Infinite - Eminem

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Probably related to the change we did where thrown items must have a slightly higher velocity to hit players. Running "along" with the thrown item will make the relative velocity slightly lower and most likely just under the hit-threshold. I have seen this a few times. We will look into this and see what kind of rules we need to adjust to make dropped items NOT hit you but still allow (weakly) thrown items hit you. Dropped items can sometimes move faster than other items depending on how you move relative to the items and when you drop/throw items.
3 x
Gurt

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:37 pm

Gurt wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:48 pm
Probably related to the change we did where thrown items must have a slightly higher velocity to hit players. Running "along" with the thrown item will make the relative velocity slightly lower and most likely just under the hit-threshold. I have seen this a few times. We will look into this and see what kind of rules we need to adjust to make dropped items NOT hit you but still allow (weakly) thrown items hit you. Dropped items can sometimes move faster than other items depending on how you move relative to the items and when you drop/throw items.
It's great that you're trying new changes, We'll keep giving feedback and see what does and doesn't work.
1 x
Shut up bitch!!

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Changes done after v.1.0.4. Hitting enemies with thrown items will hit enemies as long as the thrown item has enough velocity or the relative velocity is high enough, any of the two. This means that you can now throw items in the back of running away enemies as intended.
4 x
Gurt