Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

They took off those police clothes?

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Nets p2
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Map Creator
SFD Account: Nets
Started SFD: since the first versions

Post by Nets p2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:55 am

0 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:28 pm

On the topic of clothes, many items aren't available for me, such as the vest that frankie wears and tons of other stuff that i didn't have the time to look through

Can these items be unlocked? or have they just not been added to the game yet?
0 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:41 pm

All the old items and most new ones are unlockable through Challenges.
0 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

KliPeH
Title: [happy moth noises]
SFD Account: KliPeH
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.4.2

Post by KliPeH » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:43 pm

StarNord wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:28 pm
On the topic of clothes, many items aren't available for me, such as the vest that frankie wears and tons of other stuff that i didn't have the time to look through

Can these items be unlocked? or have they just not been added to the game yet?
Most items previously available to you are now locked behind challenge walls. I wouldn't necessarily agree locking an item you were already using is a great idea so I can sympathize with you on this one. Either way complete all the challenges, then look for whatever item it is you want to use. Some challenges have multiple items they unlock and you may or may not need to get a gold star (beat the challenge alone) to get all of them. Beating the tutorial also grants you an unlock so be sure to check that one as well.

--- SPOILER BELOW ---
► Show Spoiler
1 x

StarNord
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: SelfProclaimed LvL99 Suggester
SFD Account: StarNord
SFD Alias: Sunny Citizen
Started SFD: A lil' Before Pre-Alpha 1.6.0

Post by StarNord » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Hjarpe wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:41 pm
KliPeH wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:43 pm
... I wouldn't necessarily agree locking an item you were already using is a great idea so I can sympathize with you on this one. ...
I wasn't too ticked off, I love how the devs gave a reason to do the challenges, but the reason isn't clear till you play the challenges and happen to unlock something, I would appreciate something like a sign saying "unlock customization items here" pointing to challenges like how it is for the tutorial.

Most people simply want to just jump into multiplayer and care little about much else, and I think unlocking customization items is a great incentive to do challenges, my only gripe is that I think the devs should make it a bit more clear
4 x
Go On, Click Away. Signatures Are For Fools Who Haven't Said Enough! -Karl Marx if he had an internet connection

Nets p2
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Map Creator
SFD Account: Nets
Started SFD: since the first versions

Post by Nets p2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:38 am

Hjarpe wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:41 pm
Okk, tranks... :D
0 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:39 pm

StarNord wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:04 pm
I wasn't too ticked off, I love how the devs gave a reason to do the challenges, but the reason isn't clear till you play the challenges and happen to unlock something, I would appreciate something like a sign saying "unlock customization items here" pointing to challenges like how it is for the tutorial.

Most people simply want to just jump into multiplayer and care little about much else, and I think unlocking customization items is a great incentive to do challenges, my only gripe is that I think the devs should make it a bit more clear
I think it's fine, because new players will fight on multiplayer against people with cool clothes and they'll think "How do they have those cool clothes? I want them too!" and they'll try to figure out how to get them.
2 x
Hold your breath.