Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Rolling to the wrong side

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Rolling to the wrong side

Post by Splinter » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:30 am

Sometimes you try to roll and your character rolls to the opposite side. I'm not sure how to do this bug. I think it's usually when you get knocked down by a thrown item, but not restricted to only that.
0 x
Hold your breath.

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:02 am

Yeah this does happen sometimes to me as well. I always just assumed it was because of input error on my part? Or maybe mid animation I had clicked the opposite direction and rolled the other way? I am not sure if that makes sense, but it is probably by design. Probably just player error mid animation.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst

Vitamin E
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Completely Neutral
Started SFD: around 2012
Post by Vitamin E » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:53 am

When you get knocked down without taking fall damage you can choose to do a recovery roll as you land to reduce the time you lay flat on the floor. Maybe you are accidentally pressing directions too fast or too late and this results in you doing a recovery roll by accident.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:19 pm

I recall encountering this problem myself at some point and fixing it while tinkering with something else. I just can't find it in any logs now. Hopefully it is fixed for the release version. Recovery rolling the wrong direction sounds familiar.
1 x
Gurt