Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

missing tiles or something at police station

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
piterskiy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: PiterskiyReal
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.X

missing tiles or something at police station

Post by piterskiy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:17 am

so basically, at this spot you can throw your grenades through textures, or tiles, i dont know how you call them.
https://i.imgur.com/sG93xFx.png
https://i.imgur.com/w7PXKgB.png
https://i.imgur.com/hKOOxRr.png
0 x

Del Poncho
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: July 2012 (1.0.5)

Post by Del Poncho » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:39 am

I think it has to do with how the cover system works. There are "bugs" like this in most of the maps. Basically, if you use something as a cover, you can shoot and throw stuff through it. This allows you to shoot through a whole floor while being in perfect cover, sometimes (vent ducts in Police Station are a good example of this bug)
1 x
The risk I took was caluclated, but man.....am I bad at math.

Merchant
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Your average white man
SFD Account: Merchant
SFD Alias: (LM) Merchant
Started SFD: December 2012

Post by Merchant » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:12 am

Del Poncho wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:39 am
This allows you to shoot through a whole floor while being in perfect cover, sometimes (vent ducts in Police Station are a good example of this bug)
I didn't find any topics and threads about this problem, so i'll express myself here. Im very familiar with that "bug" myself, a bug that gives you quite an advantage when you have the items needed (when shooting through thick objects like that concrete floor on police station (Concrete01A) then you're required to have any silenced weapon (since they reach the furthest of all the other weapons in game), you can easliy do damage without being damaged yourself, and even if you see that a danger (player) is coming towards you, then you can just shoot the vents down and run away (or just run away, depends on the place you're in), also the fact that no explosives can do damage to you, since well, they are on the other side of the floor. My statement: because of how powerful that bug can be: it surely needs to be fixed, maybe by adding invisibleblocks in those "buggy" spots, as seen from here. There are many more spots like these ones around official maps. A more informative video here.
0 x
You heard of Hell, well, I was sent from it
I went to it, servin' a sentence
For murderin' instruments
Now I'm tryin' to repent from it
But when I hear the beat, I'm tempted
To make another attempt at it; I'm Infinite - Eminem

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:25 pm

Merchant wrote:then you're required to have any silenced weapon (since they reach the furthest of all the other weapons in game)
I think this may have to do with where the bullets come out of a weapon. For example, the bullets from silenced weapons (as they're the longest) exit the weapon at a different location to say a magnum (which this exploit does not work with) because its barrel is longer.

As for the grenade exploit, it only works when the player is using the stone tiles as cover, so the only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that it's just some strange interactions between the covered player model and the stone. But I do think that it is because the game is programmed to allow projectiles to be thrown through any objects that a player is covered behind, and since the stone tiles are all "connected" (dragged across to create multiple tiles in the map editor) that the projectile is allowed to travel through them all, it also works here.
2 x