Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Block Phasing

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
porky
Meatbag
Block Phasing

Post by porky » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:30 am

Are their intended instances where "block" doesn't defend you from attacks ?

I noticed plenty of times where my character would put his hand up, acting
out the "block" action, and my opponent's attack would go right through
that and still take damage ?

Is that intended or a glitch ? (it happens quite a lot for me)
0 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:11 am

Your character blocks for a small amount of time, does your opponent wait before he punches? If so, then he's punching you after you've blocked.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!

porky
Meatbag
Post by porky » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:59 am

I think I'm pretty good at predicting an attack or adapting to an opponent's "rythm", so I press Block as soon as I see a hit coming -- and I still get hit.
0 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:20 am

Do you also mind delay? Even ping of 100 might make your blocks delayed so much that you get hit anyways.
0 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:05 am

porky wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:59 am
I think I'm pretty good at predicting an attack or adapting to an opponent's "rythm", so I press Block as soon as I see a hit coming -- and I still get hit.
Well, if you see a hit coming, it's not predicting xD
Unless you've got ping 1 or very low, it really is impossible to defend exactly when you see the hit coming, you will never be able to guard because you're seeing something that already happened in few miliseconds ago in case you got a 100 or more ping (you can do it with slomo though, but anyone can). I mean, you see the punch coming and you defend, but that'z just in your screen, the delay makes you see something that already happened in the server, and that's how it works on client-side servers.
There's also what Mgtr mentioned above, you only defend for a small amount of time, there's a common move done by players nowadays where you wait for the opponent to defend, then punch right after his defense finishes. There's a possibility where you are falling for this.
4 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"

RickAvory
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Sunny City Nationalist
SFD Account: Rick Avory
SFD Alias: (EA) Rick Avory
Started SFD: Sep 2016

Post by RickAvory » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:58 am

Noble wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:05 am
porky wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:59 am
Well, if you see a hit coming, it's not predicting xD
Unless you've got ping 1 or very low, it really is impossible to defend exactly when you see the hit coming, you will never be able to guard because you're seeing something that already happened in few miliseconds ago in case you got a 100 or more ping (you can do it with slomo though, but anyone can). I mean, you see the punch coming and you defend, but that'z just in your screen, the delay makes you see something that already happened in the server, and that's how it works on client-side servers.
There's also what Mgtr mentioned above, you only defend for a small amount of time, there's a common move done by players nowadays where you wait for the opponent to defend, then punch right after his defense finishes. There's a possibility where you are falling for this.
One big problem with this game is that it is very ping dependent. Mythologic Interactive designed their game in such a way that the attacks are delayed by what type of ping you have. Hence someone with 20 ping is going to have a huge advantage over someone with 150 ping. If Mythologic Interactive where to set up their game server side then it would simply be the animations that are delayed, not the attacks. In my opinion,i think server side would be better for SuperFighters Deluxe, however that is just my opinion. At the end of the day its Mythologic Interactive's decision on how they want to make their game, and frankly I do not know what is more ideal for their situation.
0 x
We must root out the impurities in our midst