Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Black screen weirdness

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Black screen weirdness

Post by Rick Sanchez » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:34 pm

So this is kind of a rare and weird to explain bug, so i will post Pics the next time i encounter this bug.
So when you join a server and you see only black, But wait, not only do you see only black but you can see all props (Barrels and crates) just seemingly floating, and you can also see individual graphic effects, like Bullets hitting crates but they seemingly happen at random, in mid air. Apart from this everything is black and you cant see characters, but you can still chat and see all win End texts. All of this disappears when simply rejoined but its an interesting bug rather than an annoying one. Sorry if this has already been answered since i tried to dig up for an existing question about it, but didnt find one.
1 x

Splinter
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Grenade chef
Started SFD: 1.1.6
Post by Splinter » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:18 am

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIVlyRo6b1M

I think this has been posted before, it happens when you join a server when it's loading or when you alt+tab during loading, I don't remember.
0 x
Hold your breath.

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:45 am

Splinter wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:18 am
Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIVlyRo6b1M

I think this has been posted before, it happens when you join a server when it's loading or when you alt+tab during loading, I don't remember.
Exactly this, but this happens even when im not alt tabbing. Ps somehow i know that was storage.
0 x

Noble
Title: Modest guy
SFD Alias: Best player
Post by Noble » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:39 am

I've been thinking that when you join a server at the same time it finishes loading, some weird things happen like this recorded one and in some cases we can't move, what forces us to rejoin. I didn't find the previous topic of this bug if it was already reported, so I'm letting it there.
0 x
When I was 22 I read this book
And I swore
"I'll stay my way, I'll stay my way"