New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Make sure to read the rules.
RULE NR 3 UPDATED: Don't hurt, harass or provoke other forum members or people.

Character not relaying actions

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Supernigga
Meatbag
Title: Money Getter
SFD Account: Supernigga
SFD Alias: Negro Turtle
Started SFD: idek

Character not relaying actions

Post by Supernigga » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Am I the only person who's character isn't relaying the actions 100% of the time? Sometimes my character refuses to kick, block, grab, or even roll. Is this a bug? My computer/keys being crappy? My connection tends to be pretty good, but it still occurs. What the heck is going on and how do I fix this?
0 x

Noble
New Moderator
New Moderator
Title: Sommelier
SFD Alias: |LPH| Nobel

Post by Noble » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:33 pm

There are some occasions where you are at an weird position, like the edge of a table or something like that, and none of your actions will work like they're getting half eaten, and that's a bug. It won't happen a lot, it's rare enough to be never recorded by me till now. Sometimes your jump can undo in the middle, but I think Zyfex recorded and reported this before.

Otherwise, the problem can be your FPS and related to local/server performance, and you can fix by lowering the graphics and effects.

But yeah, it can be related to your keyboard huh, unless I'm letting something pass unnoticed.
0 x
♫ Raise your hands for the people that will never let you down ♪

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: Pricey
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Pricey » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:05 pm

You're probably experiencing what's called keyboard ghosting. Essentially, when multiple keys are pressed at once, some keys refuse to work and the pressing of said key is not registered. Due to SFD being quite a fast-paced game, this often happens. My only advice would be to look on the market for a more high-end keyboard with a higher n-key rollover.
0 x

What were the skies like when you were young?

Noble
New Moderator
New Moderator
Title: Sommelier
SFD Alias: |LPH| Nobel

Post by Noble » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:02 am

If the case is what Pricey mentioned above, you don't really need to buy a new keyboard, you can essentially change the controls (which is what I did), since the keyboard ghosting is related to specific keys pressed together.
1 x
♫ Raise your hands for the people that will never let you down ♪

Rick Sanchez
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Alcoholic
SFD Account: Rick Sanchez
SFD Alias: Rick Sanchez
Started SFD: 1.5.0b

Post by Rick Sanchez » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:07 am

Pricey wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:05 pm
You're probably experiencing what's called keyboard ghosting. Essentially, when multiple keys are pressed at once, some keys refuse to work and the pressing of said key is not registered. Due to SFD being quite a fast-paced game, this often happens. My only advice would be to look on the market for a more high-end keyboard with a higher n-key rollover.
I dont have this and i have a mechanical keyboard.
0 x