Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Reloading Issue

Did you encounter a problem, exploit, glitch or bug while playing the game or running the dedicated server software? Tell us about it here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
porky
Meatbag
Reloading Issue

Post by porky » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:47 am

I do not know why this happens but whenever I need to reload, well, I press reload but ... sometimes I have to press it one or two more times for the character to actually do it.

It doesn't always do this but it happens enough for it to be a problem. This is one of the many problems I have with the game that I am hoping I can find a solution to.

(btw, I am using a new laptop I got a week or two ago so I don't think anything's wrong with my computer. And my connection to games tend to be pretty good -- and it happens anywhere at anytime so I am not sure if its a connection thing, unless my internet is doodoo.)
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:46 am

porky wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:47 am
I do not know why this happens but whenever I need to reload, well, I press reload but ... sometimes I have to press it one or two more times for the character to actually do it.

It doesn't always do this but it happens enough for it to be a problem. This is one of the many problems I have with the game that I am hoping I can find a solution to.

(btw, I am using a new laptop I got a week or two ago so I don't think anything's wrong with my computer. And my connection to games tend to be pretty good -- and it happens anywhere at anytime so I am not sure if its a connection thing, unless my internet is doodoo.)
It seems an hardware related lag, how many fps do you get from the game? If you're experiencing some sort of input lag could be due to a low frame rate.
0 x

Sree
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: phasmic
SFD Alias: sree

Post by Sree » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:06 pm

If it was a hardware related lag, then he would experience an input delay on almost everything, not just reloading.

have you tried reallocating the reload action to some other key in your keyboard? if not, do so and check whether you continue to experience this issue. If you don't, It's definitely something with the current key you use for reloading.
1 x

piterskiy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: PiterskiyReal
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.4.X

Post by piterskiy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:44 pm

everyone forgot about keyboard? it can be your keyboard
1 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:37 pm

Sree wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:06 pm
If it was a hardware related lag, then he would experience an input delay on almost everything, not just reloading.

have you tried reallocating the reload action to some other key in your keyboard? if not, do so and check whether you continue to experience this issue. If you don't, It's definitely something with the current key you use for reloading.
That is true, we need to know if the key sometimes faults mechanically, you should try some kind of online keyboard tester like this one
0 x

mgtr14
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: OkOkOK
SFD Alias: Witness Pink Jaeky!
Started SFD: 2016
Post by mgtr14 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:02 pm

I've had the same problem, and it was just because I kept spamming the attack button even after I ran out. If you try to shoot while you're empty, you will hear a click and get a small delay before being able to reload. Timing can be a bit weird, so I would suggest only pressing the shoot button as much as you can before reloading. If that's not the case, then I don't know what else.
0 x
Shut up bitch!!