Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Possible for Script to read what scripts are active?

Share questions, scripts and tutorials related to the ScriptAPI in SFD.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Possible for Script to read what scripts are active?

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:34 pm

This is a question, because i know you can read via Script a Maps.Name (so script can activate on that spesific map or disabled).

So say i was someone had a script for an older version of the game (using outdated ScriptAPI). Then he makes a new script with the updated Steam ScriptAPI, kind off a part 2 to be used a long side of the script. This would have to be started separate from the first, as the 2nd won't work on the old version. The first script is running a custom GameMode with a name f.ex (Fun Mode), The 2nd script is activated on steam, if the first script somehow could read that and then replace the name with (Ultimate Fun Mode) [as much more scripting freedom in the newer versions].
Is that somehow possible?

I know games like Age of Empires could do this. Example [Age of Empires + Rise of Rome Expansion pack = Age of Empires Gold]

This probably isn't possible, but would have been good if it was, that and reading what Game version you are currently playing (to activate on specific vers).
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png