in this thread you can find all my Artificial intelligence scripts for CPU fighters. Don't be too excited for this, it's only a demostration of how much ScriptAPI can be pushed so far and however it will be soon forgotten and replaced by the official one in the release update.
- advanced and modular pathfinding ,path nodes can be enabled or disabled based on situation (destructible objects like scaffoldings can influence path result).
- ability to use ladders, grab corners and drop from platforms.
- ability to roll in tiny spaces or when on fire.
- ability to shoot on sight and avoid shooting teammates based on real raycast algorithm.
- ability to block thrown weapons/objects (even when on ladders).
- ability to pickup primary and secondary weapons on the ground.
- ability to do some melee combat moves.
- ability to travel over portals (due for a Beta 1.0.2c game bug)
- ability to pick up medkits, throwables and melee weapons (planned for the next AI version).
- ability to recognize weapon crates by type.
- manual elevator usage.
- bazooka riding.
- dodging bullets .
Download 1.0.2c prototype:[template map] [facility map converted]
Download 1.3.4c prototype
Download 1.1.1b prototype: [original] [ 1.3.4c compatible]
WARNING, DO NOT USE THIS FOR FINAL MAP PROJECTS, ONLY FOR TESTING PURPOSE
I know perfectly I'm not the best scripter/programmer, this third generation of bots are more optimized than the others two, but still cannot be involved in something playable, I tried to put them in an official map converted to work with bots, they are mediocre in terms of performance.
If you are a coder and you feels able (and courageous because the code wasn't supposed to be maintained by thirds, it could be difficult to understand) to mess with the code, I will very happy to see some modifications proposed to enhance this code.
- If a bot's internal state changes in the very first time he's spawned it will result in a idle-like bot, this can happen when a bot spawns near an enemy, is knocked by a grenade, etc...;
- Due for a game bug sometimes the bot will jump undefinitely and for no reason (1.0.2c);
- Sometimes the aim system gets stuck and the bot will try to shoot without taking aim;
- Sometimes dives aren't performed properly and the bot will run towards the target instead;
- Often bots gets stuck in the ladder drop state;
- Sometimes bots cannot drop from a ladder because they are in cover;