Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Far Background is immovable?

Share questions and tutorials related to the map editor. Share you maps in the Superfighters Deluxe Custom Maps section.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Mr Argon
Fighter
Fighter
SFD Account: Argón (steam)
SFD Alias: Mr. Argon
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.8.2c

Far Background is immovable?

Post by Mr Argon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:20 am

Well, I was trying to make a train map (like wild west), but when I tryi to make FargBgMountains to move using elevator paths, they simply don't move.

In case you were wondering, yes I set the tile as dynamic, I tried with ChangeBodyTypeTrigger but it doesn't work

I also noticed that if you increase the motor force of the ElevatorAttachmentJoint it starts vibrating just like the joint is pulling the tile but it refuses to move.
1 x
I'м д Liттlэ оdd... sтill саи livе шiтн тнат.

Lamgiabao
Fighter
Fighter
Title: Haha!I don't have any title...
SFD Account: 666:B14c
Started SFD: Beta 1.0.2c

Post by Lamgiabao » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 am

the Far Background simply just can't move...as I know
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:34 am

Mr Argon wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:20 am
Well, I was trying to make a train map (like wild west), but when I tryi to make FargBgMountains to move using elevator paths, they simply don't move.

In case you were wondering, yes I set the tile as dynamic, I tried with ChangeBodyTypeTrigger but it doesn't work

I also noticed that if you increase the motor force of the ElevatorAttachmentJoint it starts vibrating just like the joint is pulling the tile but it refuses to move.
Some tiles and tiles groups simply aren't designed to be used as dynamic entities, at some early stages of the game, background tiles were able to be moved, but now ,along with far background, they are prevented to be changed into dynamic.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:48 pm

FarBackground tiles are only for decorations and nothing else and aren't in the same box2D world as normal tiles you can interact with. The end user can disable backgrounds in the settings if they want.
2 x
Gurt