Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Camera Issues

Share questions and tutorials related to the map editor. Share you maps in the Superfighters Deluxe Custom Maps section.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Insanity
Meatbag
SFD Account: Insanity
Camera Issues

Post by Insanity » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:52 pm

If you play some custom maps or you're a map maker, maybe you have noticed that there are some issues with current camera. For example if you place a CameraArea Trigger and activate it, sometimes the camera "shake" and this is very annoying :x . Another Issue is that the camera isn't "accurate" indeed when you place a CameraArea in a precise point of the map, it shows a little further to left/right when you play and you can't show the portion of map that you want.

My question is: there is a possible fix for these issues?

Another thing that I want solve it's the animation of the camera. For example when you change the CameraArea Trigger to another it's too slow. Is it possible to instantly change the Camera Area without animate it?

Answer as soon possible. Thanks :)
0 x

Tom Th3 Assasin
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: JakMike
Started SFD: 2017

Post by Tom Th3 Assasin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:21 pm

We make maps.But only for movies...

The present camera works has been already discussed to a point of minor debugging and better interface,Possibly with no doubt in the coming updates.

The issues you stated are possibly human errors I say,due to the current camera system does have an untidy interface,It slightly slips from our grip.

Shaky Camera-This occurs mainly for two reasons.Your spawn player(which is basically you)has a very high distance with the main camera or the triggered once.Or two camera placed in the same vertical position but slightly differs within the horizontal line or vice versa and over lapping but triggering each other with no stop trigger.

Not precise camera-Camera triggers spawns with two borders a smaller white and a larger green,those borders define the size and occupy a desired area of a map.Be sure to know that the camera can't be reduced to tile size. hence coming with a default area.Thus clarifies its being accurate.

Camera too slow-If you look at the properties of the camera you will find under a "Swap" option.Turn it to "true"that would snap the camera to your desired CAMtrigger with no delay.
0 x
There is not a single thing that I can't do

https://imgur.com/a/Ybqji

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 pm

We have improved/tweaked the camera in some ways for the next update and fixed some things with the transition speed over large distances not working correctly. Maybe it will work better in your custom map in the release version.
1 x
Gurt

Insanity
Meatbag
SFD Account: Insanity
Post by Insanity » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:38 am

Tom Th3 Assasin wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:21 pm
Shaky Camera-This occurs mainly for two reasons.Your spawn player(which is basically you)has a very high distance with the main camera or the triggered once.Or two camera placed in the same vertical position but slightly differs within the horizontal line or vice versa and over lapping but triggering each other with no stop trigger.

Not precise camera-Camera triggers spawns with two borders a smaller white and a larger green,those borders define the size and occupy a desired area of a map.Be sure to know that the camera can't be reduced to tile size. hence coming with a default area.Thus clarifies its being accurate.

Camera too slow-If you look at the properties of the camera you will find under a "Swap" option.Turn it to "true"that would snap the camera to your desired CAMtrigger with no delay.
Oh, thanks Tom. I didn't know about the "Snap" option. But the "shaky" camera sometimes persist.

Gurt wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 pm
We have improved/tweaked the camera in some ways for the next update and fixed some things with the transition speed over large distances not working correctly. Maybe it will work better in your custom map in the release version.
I hope that the Full Version will be amazing and many bug will be fixed. I'm so I'm so excited about the campaigns and local multiplayer! Keep doing a great work...
0 x

Shark
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: The Predator
SFD Alias: http://i.imgur.com/sQSmWvB.png
Started SFD: 1.6.4

Post by Shark » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:18 am

Add a Own Camera to players to more adventure maps! :P
0 x
Just me The Predator!