Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Is there an easy way to make a dove follow a player without the use of scripts?

Share questions and tutorials related to the map editor. Share you maps in the Superfighters Deluxe Custom Maps section.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
ChaoticPanda
Meatbag
Title: A Mellow Yellow
SFD Alias: Yellow
Started SFD: Early 2015
Is there an easy way to make a dove follow a player without the use of scripts?

Post by ChaoticPanda » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:57 pm

I'm having trouble coming up with a way to accomplish this. I really hope I'm missing something and there is a simple solution to this problem.
0 x
‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Without the use of scripts? I'm no expert in that field, but I highly doubt it; Maybe you should play around with the map editor a bit.
1 x
-Evilsack

Hjarpe
Lead Designer
Lead Designer
Started SFD: The grey dawn of time

Post by Hjarpe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:44 pm

I don't know if that's possible... probably not in a way that looks good. They're really just objects that float upwards, like balloons. They have a hard-coded behaviour that if they get stuck somewhere, they change horizontal direction and fly down a short distance. But I've been surprised by the creativity of the community before, so who knows ;)
3 x
Quinterball: Vigorously shaking a tile while rapidly tapping CTRL causes the selected tile to randomly flash red.
MythoLogic Interactive: By design.

ChaoticPanda
Meatbag
Title: A Mellow Yellow
SFD Alias: Yellow
Started SFD: Early 2015
Post by ChaoticPanda » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:00 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. Let's see if I can figure out some kind of workaround.
1 x
‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Evilsack
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: you make me sick.
SFD Account: Evilsack
Started SFD: Pre-Alpha 1.2.1

Post by Evilsack » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:15 pm

No problem. Update if you find a solution :D
1 x
-Evilsack