Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

How to revival players after death and time remaining

Share questions, scripts and tutorials related to the ScriptAPI in SFD.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Chees
Meatbag
Title: Meetbag
SFD Account: SuperCaptain
SFD Alias: [police]Chees
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.3.1b

How to revival players after death and time remaining

Post by Chees » Sun May 21, 2017 2:57 am

I'am making a map (like battle of teams) but after done I remember I couldn't revival but I dont know how to do it and Time remaining pls help me
Thx
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Chees wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 2:57 am
I'am making a map (like battle of teams) but after done I remember I couldn't revival but I dont know how to do it and Time remaining pls help me
Thx
So you want to recreate the same mechanics of battle of teams, with scores, player respawn, time remaining, etc? because there is no way to do all this without scripting a bit of code, nothing impossible of course but if you don't known how to script feel free to ask someone for doing some scripts, I cannot help you because I'm kinda busy these days.
0 x

Dumby Eggy
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: Huevon NEO
SFD Alias: Huevon SFD
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.8.8

Post by Dumby Eggy » Sun May 21, 2017 10:14 pm

I made BoT maps before, even I'm trying to remasterize my KoTH BoT map (Which it was very ugly with the capture mechanic). I can not help you with the revive code but I can help where my knowledge can let me go forward.

If you consider it just send me a PM.
0 x
HINT: You will not surprise me if you are good with snipers and magnums and katanas; but I will give my respect for someone who is a weapon-master. So don't wait any cheer marksmen...8-)

UnluckyNinja
Meatbag
Post by UnluckyNinja » Mon May 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Some tricky script should do this job.
0. You need to change the game to custom game mode, in case that all players died at the same time by accident.
1. With an OnPlayerDeathTrigger calling the script, extract the IUser from that died player and note him down.
2. Procedurally create a TimerTrigger (anywhere out the screen is ok) using Game.CreateObject("TimerTrigger"), set the delay(interval), fill the Object ID with that IUser's UserIdentifier, fill Script Method with the reviving method, finally, activate the trigger.
3. In the reviving method, get the IUser using Game.GetActiveUser [int userIdentifier] with the caller's CustomID, then use a PlayerSpawnTrigger to create a player, call functions to put the user in it and change the look.
4. When the timer is up and method called, you "revived" that player.

As for the countdown, take a look at https://mythologicinteractiveforums.com ... c.php?t=68 would be helpful.

(A pair of parentheses somehow causing a reply problem :? , so I have to replace it with square brackets. You should use () instead)
2 x