Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

My train keeps destroying itself

Share questions and tutorials related to the map editor. Share you maps in the Superfighters Deluxe Custom Maps section.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
My train keeps destroying itself

Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:35 pm

As the title says, i'm trying to recreate the subway train in my map but for some reason when i test the map i hear the distinctive sound that objects make when they get removed because of the triggers that are attached to it (the ones that gib players and objects). I don't know what i'm doing wrong i put all the triggers as they appear in the map, can somebody help me?
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:39 pm

Cabo_Fiambre wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:35 pm
As the title says, i'm trying to recreate the subway train in my map but for some reason when i test the map i hear the distinctive sound that objects make when they get removed because of the triggers that are attached to it (the ones that gib players and objects). I don't know what i'm doing wrong i put all the triggers as they appear in the map, can somebody help me?
If you're using the same gib script as used in the subway map there should not be any problems, can you send your train setup to let us investigate the issue?
1 x

Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:26 pm

I posted the map on the discord server.
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:23 pm

Cabo_Fiambre wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:26 pm
I posted the map on the discord server.
But you're asking help here, the forums, and the maps/script involved needs to be provided here as the request is here; it's also a bit difficult to me trying to figure out what discord server are you referring to.

Just post the link of the map from Discord to this thread, and we will glad to help for what we can.
0 x

Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:36 pm

1 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter

Post by JakSparro98 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Solved the issue, the code was not using the exact same logic as the original, the script make the customID of the object wich entered the trigger to lowercase and then compare it with a literal one, this latter was with the first letter in uppercase, the comparison would always been resulted in false and so even the train would be destroyed.

You need to change "Rail" and "Train" to have the first letter in lower case.
0 x

Cabo_Fiambre
Fighter
Fighter
Post by Cabo_Fiambre » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:50 am

Thank you very much! It works as intended now.
0 x