Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

I can't start the game.

Having trouble running SFD? This is the place to get help and report errors.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Prozy
Meatbag

I can't start the game.

Post by Prozy » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:37 pm

When I start SFD this appears on the screen:

Make sure your game is up-to-date, started correctly and all files are intact.

LoadDLL failed.
> Exception:
LoadLibrary error: 126 for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Superfighters Deluxe\steamapi\x86\steam_api.dll
> StackTrace:

> FullException:
System.Exception: LoadLibrary error: 126 for C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Superfighters Deluxe\steamapi\x86\steam_api.dll

Additional data
arch:x86, archWOW:AMD64
0 x

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:17 am

Looks like the steam_api.dll file has failed to load, no idea why, you can try troubleshooting it using the Steam forums, but that's all I can really help you with.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:24 pm

See https://steamcommunity.com/app/855860/d ... 294911931/
Error 126 when loading the steam_api.dll seem to be happening to a few individuals.

You can check your windows log files after load errors related to launching the game and see if it can give you a hint to what might be the cause. A driver that's out of date or something. This is just one of the first links that pops up in my search engine: https://www.howtoguides.org/event-viewe ... and-events

Some have solved "LoadLibrary error: 126" in other games by verifying driver installations or even reinstalling drivers. But I don't know the exact nature of your specific 126 error.
0 x
Gurt

Prozy
Meatbag

Post by Prozy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Is there a possibility that my AntiVirus messed the game while it was downloading? Other games work though.
0 x