Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

How to update maps already uploaded to steam?

Having trouble running SFD? This is the place to get help and report errors.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Kawabanga
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Epic fails amateur.
SFD Alias: My name is Kawa-bbanggza!!
Started SFD: Late 2015
How to update maps already uploaded to steam?

Post by Kawabanga » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi, found a difficulty I can't find solution to. I've uploaded a map to steam, and don't know how to make updates to the same file, so that anyone who subscribed/downloaded my map will have it automatically updated. The problem is that when I upload a new version of map, it creates in steam a new entry instead of modifying old one.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:52 pm

You must continue to edit the same map you originally uploaded. Do not use "Save As" as that will trigger the editor to save the map as a new map.

In case it doesn't work try to run the game as administrator. Technical limitations requires the map file to be copied back and forth between a temporarily folder and back again. Something in this step might fail.
0 x
Gurt

Kawabanga
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Epic fails amateur.
SFD Alias: My name is Kawa-bbanggza!!
Started SFD: Late 2015
Post by Kawabanga » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:36 pm

I think it works now. Thanks, you saved rest of my day :)
1 x