Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Can't Start Game

All technical topics that have been answered in one way or another can be found here.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules.
EarthvLava17
Meatbag

Can't Start Game

Post by EarthvLava17 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:24 am

I can't start the game, everytime i try to, i get a error that says "The item 'Superfighters Deluxe Launcher.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly', same thing happens when i don't use the shortcut, any way to fix this? :|
0 x

Motto73
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Lazy ass
SFD Account: Motto73
Started SFD: Multiplayer Test Demo

Post by Motto73 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:17 am

I've heard that Windows Defender deleted the launcher from multiple players yesterday. Your error message simpy tells that you don't have the launcher anymore. All you can do is install the game again. :/
1 x

MOOADAM
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Account: MOOADAM
SFD Alias: General Bird or MOOADAM
Post by MOOADAM » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:43 pm

so do you know a way to undo it or something. we asked how to fix it not what it does :!:
0 x

JakSparro98
Superfighter
Superfighter
Started SFD: PreAlpha 1.0.5

Post by JakSparro98 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:53 pm

MOOADAM wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:43 pm
so do you know a way to undo it or something. we asked how to fix it not what it does :!:
Just a little of logic is needed.
Now that you know the antivirus is removing the file try to exclude the launcher from being recognized as a threat, recover the deleted program from the quarantine or if the file is completely deleted redownload the launcher and avoid the antivirus from destroying it again by temporarily disabling it and when you've excluded the file reactivate your antivirus.
0 x

Sh4d0w
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: the xD guy
SFD Alias: too many aliases
Started SFD: before sfd

Post by Sh4d0w » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:39 am

Oh boy, I found a way to play the game again! The catch is - you will be offline till you install the launcher.
You have to go to your Superfighters Deluxe folder and start Superfighters Deluxe. Trust me, it works.
0 x