Dear forum users! In compliance with the new European GDPR regulations, we'd just like to inform you that if you have an account, your email address is stored in our database. We do not share your information with third parties, and your email address and password are encrypted for security reasons.

New to the forum? Say hello in this topic! Also make sure to read the rules.

Is it possible to Change "Superfighters Deluxe" folder location?

Having trouble running SFD? This is the place to get help and report errors.
Forum rules
By using the forum you agree to the following rules. For this forum you also need to follow these additional rules.
Mighty Spirit the 2
Superfighter
Superfighter
Title: Wasted potential
SFD Account: ake004
SFD Alias: Retired SFD player
Started SFD: When melee was good

Is it possible to Change "Superfighters Deluxe" folder location?

Post by Mighty Spirit the 2 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Hi, so i have this problem that i want to change the location of the local "Superfighters Deluxe" folder in documents to another location. The reason why i want to do this is so the game doesen't interfere with my previous last free beta "Superfighters Deluxe beta v.1.02c". It's not really a big deal, but it is really annoying that when i want to do some testing on beta 1.02c i always have the new player skin, and if i change that, at the same time i end up changing my profile in the Steam version. This is kinda annoying, so i would like to have the freedom to change where the "Superfighters Deluxe" folder establishes and loads itself for each separate game version. I have had this problem already previously when having the Pre-Alpha, Alpha and Beta running on the same PC... (That was a nightmare) It is a shame that the different game versions don't create their own "Superfighters Deluxe" folders for their respective game versions. :( The real problem is that you can't have 2 folders with the exact same name (Superfighters Deluxe) under "my documents", because windows 10 can't deal with that and gets confused.

I have tried everything from Renaming the folder (example: "Superfighters Deluxe Steam"), to moving it to another location. Problem is that everytime you try to launch the game, it will create an entire new folder "Superfighters Deluxe" again in the documents folder, leading you to loose all challenges progress in the Steam version and loosing all created skins. Luckily i had it all backed up already, however after 1 hour of experimenting (including having to perform several installs of Steam SFD, and 1 system restore) it is kinda giving me a headache.
Finally i think i have managed to map the problem down to the config.ini file. Everytime i copy this file and move it into a "Superfighters Deluxe" folder not in "my documents", then launch the game, it disappers, just so that i find it again in new "Superfighters Deluxe" folder in "my documents". All other files are always intact, its just this one file that keeps popping back into the "Superfighters Deluxe" folder where it belongs. How do I manage to keep several config.ini files in their respective folders for each version, without them replacing each other?

The odd thing is that in @Lunatic post: "SFD 1.2.1 conversation and download" (https://www.mythologicinteractiveforums ... ?f=8&t=311), it is possible to create a new skin for v.1.2.1 and the profile.sfdp file will save in the same folder as the game files (content folder, launcher.exe and SFD.exe), without interfering with my beta 1.02c files. :o Same thing goes for the config.ini file! No problem there at all whatsoever. If i change any settings in Pre-Alpha v.1.2.1, nothing changes in Beta v.1.0.2c, but change any settings in Alpha v.1.3.4c or Steam v.1.2.0d and my settings also change in Beta v.1.0.2c! Now i have no idea if this file system was common back in 2016 (as i was not playing way back then) and that somewhere along the way the devs made it easier to find your profile.sfdp and custom maps and scrips, so they made a "Superfighters Deluxe" folder under local my documents (because in v.1.2.1 there where not many advanced features).

So just to recap: Is it possible to move the "Superfighters Deluxe" file folder to a separate location from my documents folder, without the specific version of Superfighters Deluxe not being able to find the folder at launch, and thus creating a brand new folder? :?:
I think im gonna need help from some experts for solving this one.
0 x
🎶I will tell your story if you die
I will tell your story and keep you alive the best i can
But I've always had the feeling we would die young
Some die young
🎵
https://i.imgur.com/D479VLi.png

Pricey
Superfighter
Superfighter
SFD Alias: (LM) Pricey
Started SFD: August 2015

Post by Pricey » Mon May 20, 2019 12:29 pm

As far as I'm concerned - no, there is no way to alter where the game saves its data. But what you can do is move your currently-in-use profile to any of the other slots that isn't the first one, since the other versions will only alter profile.sfdp, not the others.
0 x

Gurt
Lead Programmer
Lead Programmer
Title: Lead programmer
Started SFD: Made it!

Post by Gurt » Mon May 20, 2019 7:03 pm

The game will always look for a Superfighters Deluxe folder in your documents where it will save the data.
Folder structure was changed according to this changelog: https://mythologicinteractive.com/Blog/Post?id=61
0 x
Gurt